Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breakthrough and progress...

It's been a while now since I posted the latest of the oil painting I started a... damn.  The one I started a couple of months ago.  I didn't like the direction it was heading.  Then, between doing the past digital paintings, staring at the canvas and doing some more digitals...

I finally found a groove and started painting over the previous version.
I hope I don't screw this version up now.  Still some layers to throw down, but at least I'm happy with this direction.
I'm loving these water based oils.  As weird as it sounds, these oils are really making it fun to paint.

Anyways... here it is so far.  First pic:  Redid the hair  Second pic:  Face... some more to go.
Part of me wants to get some sleep... the other wants to see how it comes out in the end.


Ugh.  I should probably get some sleep.  In a couple of hours...


No comments: