Monday, January 10, 2011

What is... focus.

The funny thing about ideas... there's just too many.  All you can do is throw 'em down on paper and hope that each one comes to life into some shape or form, ya know?
Paintings, video games, animated show or movie, action figures, statues... the list can go on and on.
Good or bad... just gotta pencil it out.  Believing that even the worst ideas can grow into something amazing.  The beauty of art, isn't it?  There is no eraser.
Grilling lead onto paper, one drawing after the other.  I forget how meditative it can be.  True escapism.
With the new year, I thought I'd be a better blogger and share my progression with the whole bloggin' universe.  What's one more task to take on, eh?
No, I'm not going to call this a resolution.  That would just make all my efforts categorized under "annual cliche's" to fade into the forgotten.


     One of the prints I'm aiming to finish for the con features a couple of my fave characters.
Batman.  Captain America.  In a way, it's kind of like Batman vs Superman.  But, unlike Supes, Capt. America isn't immortal.  Anyways, I had an image in my head of the two heroes duking it out.  Both, with sidekicks to assist.  Here are a few rough sketches I've done so far to get my head into the look of the characters.



No comments: